Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Dr. Hardcrab Dr. Hardcrab is offline

Default Home Depot return policy w/out receipt

"Walter Cohen" wrote in message
Anyone know what HD's return policy is if you do not have a receipt? I
know they take your drivers license number but is there a cap as to how
much stuff ($) you can return without a receipt before they disallow it?
I know Walmart puts you on a 'black' list and after a while (not sure how
you define 'a while') they disallow you returning items.

Anyway, I purchased a small $ item last year ($13.96 door closer) and
didn't need it. I looked far and wide for the receipt and couldn't locate
it so I took the item back to HD and got a gift card (which is ok because
I'm always in their store).
Wouldn't you know it the next day I was cleaning off my desk and came
across the receipt!
Of course the receipt was 9 months old(!) and the receipt states they
would take the receipt items back for 90 days so it is doubtful if I could
have used the receipt to return the item. Too bad I can't go back (or
call HQ) and give them the receipt and have them take me off their 'list'.

You are having a major conundrum over $13.95???!!!

Use the gift card and next time put your receipt in a safe place....