Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Humming noise.

Michael Kennedy wrote:

"jakdedert" wrote in message
Michael A. Terrell wrote:
PeterD wrote:
On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 11:53:15 +0000, "Ron(UK)"

A few hours ago, I turned on my old antique electric table fan on the
little end table by doggy's end of her couch.At about 7:00 PM this
evening, I heard that hmming noise, I thought my Sony 27'' CRT
Trinitron
Wega flat screen tv set that I bought brand new in January 2007 had
gone
on the blink.About twenty minutes ago, I noticed the fan blades
weren't
turning around.Oviously, the fan motor hung up, I unplugged the fan,
the
noise stopped.
cuhulin

Damn! Is nothing made to last these days!
Webtv is...

You're right! I haven't had one fail as a door stop yet. They do
work better if you fill them with lead, though.

Plaster is easier. Just mix some up, drill a hole in the top and pour it
in; let set. Will effectively 'brick' almost anything....

jak

Good idea! I'll have to try that out on the next mac computer I get.

Well, there is that blue Imac sitting in the corner...

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida