Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George George is offline

Default Problem with Tim Skilton Premium Sanding Pads

"burly pete" wrote in message
To the rest who have helped. I would have to say my lathe work
experiences quite a bit more pressure and heat since I can lean into
it. My carving was held between my knees and I could not bear down.
The pads were coming off before any heat could be generated.

You weren't catching the raggedy edges, were you? That'd do a number on the
backing, and ultimately on the hooks of the velcro. Wouldn't be the first
guy to catch and throw one on a rough spot.