Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default What can you do with an arbor press?

On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 14:26:33 -0800 (PST), with neither quill nor qualm,
"Cap." quickly quoth:

Well one day I was sitting watching the grass grow in the back yard
and saw this old arbor press just rusting away near the flower beds,it
didnt have that funny round thing any more hum what to do with it??
So I set it on the work bench waiting to be cleaned and repainted.
The next day I was doing a hand tap on the vice and
after I had finished found that the hole I just tapped was
weaving like a drunken salior what todo??? Wait a minute why cant i
put a cross handle on this arblr press with a hole drilled down the
square shaft and attach a 1/2 rod & tap holder as well as a scoket to
hold dies which would give me a streight hole and or out side threads.
best tool I have ever owned.
under
a shop full of machines Cap...

Effin' Yahoo. Sign in then find that you have to be a member of one
group plus joining another. FTS.

We no can see your pics, Cap.

--
An idealist believes the short run doesn't count. A cynic believes
the long run doesn't matter. A realist believes that what is done