Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] pdrahn@coinet.com is offline

Default GFI circuit breaker trouble

On Mar 3, 5:23 pm, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:
I have a circuit protected by a GFI circuit breaker that has failed. So far,
I eliminated anything plugged in or switched. Also determined that the
circuit is fine with a standard breaker and draws no current. So, I left it
this way for now.

Its impossible to check the actual wire runs behind the sheetrock. Is there
anything else to check as a possible source of the trouble?

Karl

Is it possible there is another GFI on the same line? Like a GFI
protected outlet? My old shop had 2 GFI outlets on a single 120
circuit plus a GFI breaker on the 220 volt hot tub circuit. If I
tripped any of the three, all were tripped! Very frustrating until I
discovered the need to reset all of them when one tripped.

Good luck,
Paul