Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Good book on Critical Path Management

"Louis Ohland" wrote in message
I need to document a process. Up until now, they used a simple
timeline, but that was when there was 18 months to make it work. Now 18
weeks is a luxury (closer to 30 days, minus)

Which book is worth getting?

The direct title match books are from the 60s and 70s.
Gantt, PERT, CPM

Gantt and PERT charts are so straightforward that I can't see why you'd need
a book. I did dozens of them with a freeware product called Gantt Project
(you'll find it on the Web), which is a slightly stripped down competitor
with Microsoft's Office Project.

There also are Excel templates available but I haven't tried them.

Is the project very complex, that you feel the need for a book, or are you
looking for the basics of Gantt and PERT? I've heard that the Microsoft
Project software comes with plenty of instruction, should you want to try
it. You can download a free trial version.

--
Ed Huntress