Steve Smith

Default Looking for info on Plasmacam and plasma cutting

Here is something I saved from January 6th:

Too much dross usually comes from too slow drag speed, too low or too high
amperage for the metal thickness, too much gap, too little air pressure, or
a combination of any of the above. You just have to experiment with the
variables until you get the hang of it. Follow the guidelines for the
particular metal thickness. First thing is usually to speed up the cutting
speed. Faster is better until it blows back, then slow down just a tad.
Keep the tip as close to the material as possible without contact, unless
you are using a drag tip. Hope this helps some.

By the way what CNC cutting table did you end up getting, I am looking for
one myself.

Take Care,

Alan

Steve Smith