Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ron(UK) Ron(UK) is offline

Default Humming noise.

Claude wrote:

I have fixed so many things with WD-40 in the past and I have just recently
found out that the stuff can be dangerous in electrical appliances and
devices. Turns out that the stuff is wickedly flammable ( I have never
had a fire as a result of using WD-40 but let's just say that I am good at
learning from others. Anyone here ever have a problem with the stuff?

You are about to open a can of worms here with the pro/ante WD40
brigade, suffice it to say that the manufacturers themselves don't
recommend that you spray it into potentiometers or get it near
electronic components.

Ron(UK)