Posted to rec.woodworking
LRod LRod is offline

Default Delta Lathe 46-700

On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 10:22:46 -0500, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com wrote:

LRod wrote:
Now, here's an offer you can't refuse: the lathe was probably sold
without a set of legs. Mine came with a set but I disassembled it
(them) and built a wooden stand. Mine is yours if you want it (them).
Just pay the shipping. You're near CLT, as I recall. Sadly, my
daughter no longer lives there, so I can't deliver.

I'm not *near* Charlotte; I'm *in* Charlotte....

I was hedging in case I was wrong.

...and I'm impressed that you'd even be aware of that.

We had an exchange a couple of years ago concerning the location of
the big tool dealer (Lenave?) there. I've spent 37 years with an RN.
You don't forget connections like that.

In any case, your offer is a little ambiguous to me: I
think you're offering me the unused stand but an argument could also be made
that you're offering me the whole lathe. Which is it? If it's the whole thing,
I gladly accept. If it's just the stand, I'm under the impression this
Craigslist one includes the stand already.

Sorry, it was just the stand.

What part of the state are you in?

I'm not. I'm in Ormond Beach, FL. My daughter lived there (a
subdivision south of the big mall on Tyvola/Fairview--it's all left me
now) for about two years, but she's back in FL now, although not as
near to us as when she was before she moved to CLT.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net
http://www.normstools.com

care to correspond with you anyway.