Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Wood/Wood floor question

On Mar 3, 1:27*am, wrote:
I have a question about wood floors and possibly just wood in
general.

A few years ago I developed a weird allergy/sensitivity to being
around certain wood floor homes or establishments with lots of wood
fixtures.

I notice it most intensely when there is a sweet smell, kind of like
older wood or something (possibly mildew) The kind of smell I notice
in old churches or other old establishments. *I also notice the issue
when there is a strong natural wood smell like in a cabin or
something.

I'm wondering if anyone could tell me what this could possibly be
causing the sweet smelling odor and if wood is giving off a strong
natural wood smell in a home is it possible to lock it in with a type
of finish.

I think I'm currently dealing with a mixture of both odors in the
apartment I just moved into. I'm thinking of laying some kind of
finish on the floor to possibly lock in the wood smell and getting a
air purifier that gets mold out of the air (considering the problems
are what I'm assuming they are).

I appreciate any input on the subject.

Its probably mold and you should not live with it, or there if it
affects you. Its not your responsibility as a tenant to have to fix
it, it is the landlords. I hate to say it but you should get a pro to
help, the citys health department. Some molds will make you very sick
and you are already affected by something you do not understand.