Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Frithiof Andreas Jensen Frithiof Andreas Jensen is offline

Default Oil prices climb to $101.11 a barrel...

"Joe Kappus" skrev i en meddelelse

I drive a Jetta TDI, it gets over 50mpg on average driving. Since it
runs diesel and prices have been so absurd, I have been in the process of
building a small biodiesel refinery. It's a pretty simple solution and
as I'm calculating it, parts should pay for themselves in about 6 months,
after which I should be able to produce BD well under $2.00/gal easily.

I live in the US (go figure) where really only two manufacturers produce
cars using this technology (no domestic producers). The country has made
serious mistakes on their alternative fuel planning:

No mistake here ;-0

The net fact remains, aside from some mass transport vehicles and
fortunate rural areas in the west, most of the US relies solely on
petroleum imports, and with current government policy, that's not about
to change.

Exactly - Governments are not about change, but about preventing any!
Governments are society's parasites adopted perfectly to the prevailing
system so change is very risky to them because it creates a window of
opportunity for a *different* set of leeches.

I.O.W: Any energy scheme that reduces government income will not be
supported in any way whatsoever and even sabotaged whenever possible. This
applies in Denmark too!

Joe