Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus32544 Ignoramus32544 is offline

Default PICTURES -- Repainted Famco 3R Arbor Press

On 2008-03-03, Grant Erwin wrote:
Ignoramus25173 wrote:

Pictures and some details are here

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/misc...R-Arbor-Press/

I really like the red handle, it is very convenient to grab. Add a
nice feel to this whole thing.

Good score, Igor. I got lucky once at Boeing Surplus, got a nice Dake ratcheting
arbor press with rotating platen, in good shape. Didn't need new paint, had a
couple of Boeing Machinist stickers on it which I left on. I use the arbor press
probably every 8-10 weeks year in and year out.

Grant, thanks. Could you tell me what exactly do you use it for. I
have no experience using one and, I am sure, am missing a lot of
useful ideas on what I can do with a press like this.