Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Bathroom Smells

In article 80947ddd8649c@uwe, "Jenny1" u41800@uwe wrote:

My bathroom has had a smell for like 2 months now well its been like that
ever since i moved in my apartment. It has a smell that i dont really know
what to compare it with. It has the smell all day it doesnt go away. It
espically smells really bad after ur done taking a shower and it smells bad
also when i mop the floor. I dont know where its coming from. I thought it
was my shower curtains but i bought some new ones and the smell was still
thier. I clean the bathroom everyday but the smell would still be in thier. I
dont know what else to do!!

Had that problem for quite a while in a house I was renting. Finally got
the landlord to pony up for new sheet vinyl, and on tear-out learned
that some moron had used masonite under the old stuff. Yuck. You ever
smelled wet masonite? It's quite distinctive.