Posted to sci.electronics.repair
ml ml is offline

Default quiet or torriodal linear supply?

In article ,
"gb" wrote:

"ml" wrote in message
Hi !

I was trying to find a power supply I could use with my ham gear, that's
around 13 VDC and 30-50 Amps and must be analog/linear type

I need to be near it, and the usual transformer buzzing is annoying

so I was trying to google around for a supply that either has a
sealed traansformer or perhaps uses a torriod as I thought those
would be quieter.

Are there any manufactures of something like this??

Thanks.

You have to build it yourself, but the transformer is easy to acquire.

Plitron Manufacturing Inc was established in 1983 and specializes in the
design, development and manufacturing of toroidal transformers.
PLITRON toroidal transformers are widely specified and preferred for
demanding applications in audio, medical, broadcast, telecommunications,
computer, power conditioning, and other industrial sectors.
http://www.plitron.com/

PLITRON MANUFACTURING INC
8-601 Magnetic Drive,
Toronto, Ontario
M3J 3J2
Canada
Tel 416-667-9914
Fax 416-667-8928

Hammond Manufacturing also makes toroidal trasnformers
http://www.hammondmfg.com/5cpwr.htm

http://www.hammondmfg.com/hist.htm
Since its modest beginnings in the basement of the family homestead 91 years
ago, Hammond has grown into two separate, medium-sized companies with
combined annual sales of over $200 Million & over 1,200 employees located in
12 facilities around North America, the UK and Australia.

hi

thanks very much for responding

interesting links, but hopfully i won't 'have to' build one i can't
believe some company out there dosn't make either a sealed"" quite
xformer or torriod or something thats linear but not noisly
db wise or rf wise then aagain maybe i an mistaken I supposed i
could take my astron remove the transformer and put in a sutible
torioed not sure if it would be possible to do a 'direct' replacement
but perhaps if i could identify the proper type of torid and
presuming it's able to 'fit'

but its a fun experiment