RoyJ

Default proper bolt torque on Farmall Cub

BTW: for a good laugh, take a look at the section
http://www.tractorshed.com/cgi-bin/g...ouble_view.cgi

RoyJ wrote:

I'd post the question over at
http://www.antiquetractors.com/

I have a hunch that the manual you are using refers to a 3/8" bolt that
might have been used on a a different model.

Don wrote:

I have an old 49 Farmall Cub that I am fixing for my father. I
replaced the bearings in the transmission. The old manual I found
online says the countershaft bearing retainer should be torqued to 35
ft lbs. The top clutch shaft retainer says to torque to 20 ft lbs.
Before I new this I torqued both to 20 ft lbs because of a bolt
size/torque diagram I found said this is the proper torque for a 5/16
bolt. Will I have problems? Why would there be different values?