Posted to alt.home.repair
Rich Rich is offline

Default insulation moisture??

Sorry I was too vague - the r38 insulation is on the attic floor,
which is the celing of the 1st floor (ranch-style)...the vapor barrier
is between the attic "floor" and the 1st floor "celing." Does that
help? Thanks.

On Mar 2, 11:26*am, wrote:
On Mar 2, 11:06*am, ransley wrote:

On Feb 29, 5:47*pm, Rich wrote:

Hi all -

I recently insulated my attic. *To do that, I removed the plywood
floors that were nailed to the floor beams. *I then installed R-38
faced on the attic floor but not the rafters. *I am now noticing that
after replacing the plywood (on top of the insulation), may places are
showing damp spots and are moist to the touch...what can I do to stop
this other than perm. removing the floorboards?

Suggestions?

Thanks.

Depending on what is wet you need a proper vapor barrier or better
attic venting, probably both.

Agree. * And from the description, I'm not sure where, if any, the
vapor barrier is. * The statement "I then installed R38 faced on the
attic floor....", leads me to wonder if the insulation has a vapor
barrier and it was installed against the attic floor, instead of the
ceiling below. * *There should be one vapor barrier, at the ceiling
surface in the attic.