Posted to alt.home.repair

Default insulation moisture??

On Mar 2, 11:06*am, ransley wrote:
On Feb 29, 5:47*pm, Rich wrote:

Hi all -

I recently insulated my attic. *To do that, I removed the plywood
floors that were nailed to the floor beams. *I then installed R-38
faced on the attic floor but not the rafters. *I am now noticing that
after replacing the plywood (on top of the insulation), may places are
showing damp spots and are moist to the touch...what can I do to stop
this other than perm. removing the floorboards?

Suggestions?

Thanks.

Depending on what is wet you need a proper vapor barrier or better
attic venting, probably both.

Agree. And from the description, I'm not sure where, if any, the
vapor barrier is. The statement "I then installed R38 faced on the
attic floor....", leads me to wonder if the insulation has a vapor
barrier and it was installed against the attic floor, instead of the
ceiling below. There should be one vapor barrier, at the ceiling
surface in the attic.