Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cutting the metal tube of a blind

On 02/03/2008 09:09, freecycle wrote:

her-indoors bought a blind from Ikea and asked me to put it up,
and I needed to cut the metal tube it rolled on.
For the first cut I used a hacksaw, but it left so much jagged metal
that I cut it again. I used a junior hacksaw freehand this time,
trying to cut on a line I'd drawn. The blade bent and buckled
so much that the end was in and out when I'd finished.
What tool should I have used?

Ang^H^H^H

You could have roughly cut it slightly over-length and then filed it down.