Brian

Default proper bolt torque on Farmall Cub

I recall that farm and industrial stuff often uses pretty good quality
fasteners. if a torque call-out of 35 ft/lbs is in the book, then a grade 5
bolt is not adequate. I would use L9 or Holochrome type SHCS in tension for
that kind of requirement. If this is holding something on that you want to
stay on, then you pretty much have to do it right.

Brian

"Don" wrote in message
m...
I am not sure what grade bolts were in there but I put grade 5 back
in. (new bolts) The threaded portion the bolts go into are in the
transmisison casing itself which i assume is cast iron. I was more
afraid of stipping those out than anything.

Can I get by with 20 ft lbs?