Posted to rec.woodworking
Robert Allison[_2_] Robert Allison[_2_] is offline

Default New scam, no politics--I promise

Larry Blanchard wrote:

On Sat, 01 Mar 2008 04:34:08 +0000, Robert Allison wrote:

Answer the phone and listen to what they are trying to sell, give
me, or tell me that I have won. I then say: "Oh wow, I am VERY
interested in this, can you hang on just a minute?"

Then I set the phone down and walk away. When you come back in
15 minutes or so, they are usually gone. If they aren't, I say
"Sorry about that, now where were we?" As soon as they begin
talking, I then say: "Damnit! You'll have to hang on again.
I'll be right back."

I've done that one - some folks take 4 or 5 iterations before they catch
on. When they do, I usually get the chance to hear some inventive
profanity :-).

The longest that I have had anyone wait was 20 minutes. I was
shocked that they were still there. That is when I invented the
second act.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.