Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Identify this rotary burr/rasp/drill bit ?

The Medway Handyman wrote:
N Cook wrote:
A.Lee wrote in message
N Cook wrote:

I would like to obtain some more of these (my pic)
http://home.graffiti.net/diverse:graffiti.net/burr.jpg
unkown source , no name on the drill bit and cannot find them via
searchengines.
I use them as burrs rather than drills
Anyone know a maker or generic name?

MachineMart do them:
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/pr...3pce-hss-drill
-saw-set/path/05-drill-bits-screwdriver-bits-steels
Alan.

Thanks for that, so "drill saw" is the generic term , I would have
said it was more a burr or rasp than a saw.

I bought a set from Toolstation a little while ago & I think Screwfix do
them as well.

Poundland do them too. Almost all makes however are crp
performers. I once had some that performed well, they had the
cutting edges in the correct direction, running along the bit,
unbroken, and with a mild twist for smoother use. Sadly I've never
seen any properly designed like that since.... well, 80s I think it
was.

NT