Posted to alt.home.repair
Pisano Pisano is offline

Default THE PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES - IN BRIEF

On Sat, 01 Mar 2008 20:40:40 GMT, Robert Allison
wrote:

HeyBub wrote:
wrote:

On Mar 1, 12:36?pm, "HeyBub" wrote:

wrote:

mc cain who protected and supported bush.... need i say more

Obama a fresh face who with a democratically controlled congress
might actually get something accomplished.......

it cant be worse than bush whos war wasted so many lives and
money.......

If you look at lives per dollar, it was a bargain.

how do you figure that? immediate and legacy costs of this war, is in
the trillions. being its all borrowed money somehow it will have to be
paid.....

Anything less than $1 billion per terrorist killed, I consider a bargain. If
we could get them all to line up single file, one cheap bullet would do the
job. I don't hold much hope for that technique.

And, thanks to inflation, money borrowed now will be paid in cheaper
dollars.

Plus, it's not all borrowed money. The deficit - the amount we have to
borrow - is only in the few hundred billion range, whereas the cost of the
war is much greater. We're not talking about a lot of money here and it's
mostly being accommodated by current revenues.

worse its made our dollar worth less, increasing our cost to buy stuff
internationally, like oil.

But it makes the stuff we produce cheaper to the rest of the world, so they
buy more of it.

It averages out.

So you won't mind if we raise taxes so that we can pay that off,
now, so we don't have to leave it to our kids?

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/debt-and-taxes/

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/inflation-tax/

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/articles/?tag=Taxes

And, in general: