Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mark Rand Mark Rand is offline

Default One more law

On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 17:55:58 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

They probably don't understand the issue. More is better, they think, or
something like that.

I have them on my truck. The only thing they illuminate when I put them
on is the three feet in front of the bumper, and the guardrail. I usually
focus on areas other than that and see no use in illuminating that area,
except if I were out four wheeling at night and wanted to see right in
front of my truck. Not, if it were foggy, that would be another story.

I have to admit I've never gotten out in front of my cars with the fog
lights on to see what they look like, comin' attacha. Of course, I don't use
them except in snow, heavy rain or fog anyway (and only rarely then), so it
hasn't mattered to me. But now I'm curious. I'll see what it looks like.

Driving with (front) foglights on when the visibility of more than 50metres
(165ft) is actually an offence in Blighty. Automatic points on your license
and a fine. Trouble is, in 35 years I've never heard of even one occasion when
it has been enforced :-|

Mark Rand
RTFM