Posted to alt.home.repair
Grandpa Chuck Grandpa Chuck is offline

Default How can we stop our cats from urinating on the basement floor?

On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 11:38:57 -0600, "HeyBub" wrote:

Grandpa Chuck wrote:
On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 09:39:52 -0500, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:

Are the senior citizen cats? Some times it is a physical
problem. You may want to check with your vet it could be a sign of
a problem. On the other hand it may be necessary to clean to box
more often.

They have been doing this for a very long time.
We have tried several solutions and nothing has stopped it.
I am wondering if we paint the surfaces with a sealing paint such as
Kiltz if that might seal in the odor so they no longer smell it.

If money is no object, try Litter Robot

http://www.litter-robot.com/

If you mean one of those electric self cleaning pans, we had three of
them. Our cats were more likely to relieve themselves next to them and
they panicked if the motor started while they were in them or next to
them. Eventually, we gave all three of the pans to Salvation Army
Store after we had given them a thorough cleaning and sanitizing.
--

Grandpa Chuck
-τΏτ-

Please grant me:
the serenity to accept the people I cannot change
the courage to change the one that I can
the wisdom to know that it is me