Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Safety of Nuke Power

wrote:
From everything I've read, all the containment
systems at TMI worked perfectly and demonstrated that even with a
serious occurrence, due to the many redundant safety features, no one
was exposed to anything unsafe.

i assume you know the top bart of TMIs reactor melted down?

The _systems_ did work correctly as is demonstrated by having no offsite
or onsite consequences other than mechanical damage. That's what they
were designed to do and what they did.

As noted in another response in which I summarized the accident
scenario, the actual failure was in the intervention of the operators in
the automatic response of the system to the incident w/o which the whole
thing would have been over and the reactor online again within a month
or so at the outside.

So, again, your lack of knowledge of what actually happened and what it
really shows is apparent. If it didn't say so much about what is wrong
w/ our overall level of scientific and technical education in the
country it would almost be funny.