Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Safety of Nuke Power

risk vs rewards

Either we burn coal with its downsides or move to nuclear.

you obviously being from the industry prefer nuclear. thats certinally
your right........

but lets consider risks for just a moment.......

lets imagine the unthinkable occurs and a nuclear plant actually melts
down the core and breaches the containment somehow.

now no doubt there will be a rushed evacuation, and hopefully katrina
lessons will be remembered. that is take pets, use busses and have a
plan in place in advance.

now we need a site, say 3 mile island. depending on prevailing winds
the area of contamination will be wide. sad all that dead zone, for
many generations. probably includes new york philadephia and most of
the coast to maine, heck canada might be effected too.

I bet the fiancial loss will be more than the profit on all the nuke
plants generated since the first went on line. including the profits
on building the plants.

the reward green energy or so you say.

the risk, in the event of a major malfunction probably the bankruputcy
of our country..........