Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Safety of Nuke Power

In article , dpb wrote:

wrote:
note the pro nuke poster ignored totally that the chernobyl radiation
cloud has no doubt caused cancer in people world wide.........

a sad inconvenient detail.

Possibly so, but not provable one way nor the other.

Don't know. We should have pretty good data on where the cloud went
with the winds and all. Also should be able to model dispersal. The
first is just meteorology 101, the second should be floating around from
the days of above-ground testing of the nuke weapons. After that it
would be simple epidemeology to match up the above with (or lack
thereof) clusters of nuclear fallout-related cancers.

I'll simply note US NRC regulations and licensing policy stops at the US
border. Russia (and China coincidentally to the other sidethread) are
very authoritarian societies so that they could and did make policy and
design choices that would not be acceptable in the US.

--

But if anything, the Japanese and French are even more anal
retentive about such things than even the US, yet they have long (and