Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Safety of Nuke Power

And of course the final hypocrisy in all this is that the same
environmentalists that block everything, are also the ones telling us
how the very existence of mankind is at stake due to global warming.
Yet, they block not only nuclear, which emits close to zero green
house gases and is one huge thing we could be quickly using to reduce
dependence on fossil fuels, but also virtually everything else.

well the final waste product of nuclear plants will kill you for
thousands of years....... or so yucca mountain is supposed to store
them for.

knowing people in nuclear power plant building, note i live in
pittsburgh no new plants have been licensed in the US although some
are coming close, then the public will express their opinion

the pebble idea sounds great, and i hope its safe.

but remember we were told the existing plants were perfectly safe, and
would produce power so cheap meters would be unnecessary. ultimately
neither were true, TMI came way too close to poisioning a populated
area.

bring on the nukes, watch the public howl, and build them in china. I
predict licenses wouldnt be approved here because public opinion will
demand no nukes