Posted to rec.woodworking
Hoosierpopi Hoosierpopi is offline

Default New scam, no politics--I promise

On Feb 29, 7:07 pm, Charlie Self wrote:
Hey, have you noticed a new kind of sales call, a scam about your
number having won whatever the hell--laptop, Rolex, in a sing-song
accent?

Six of 'em today. They're offshore, obviously with those accents, so
the "Do Not Call" list is a waste of energy. I'm screaming at them,
and swearing at them. I figure if enough of the assholes, male and
female, go home every day in tears, they might back off. Trouble is,
Frances is getting ****ed at me for swearing so much. She just hangs
up, but this nonsense seems to have started a couple months ago, and
is gaining intensity daily.

Next possiblity

Or, leading them on. Go throught the motions of purchasing as if
George Herbert Walker Bush and give his address an redit card ino
(make up what you don't really know like cc card nos).

Take up their time and energy reverse scamming them. Maybe, once they
think they have a sale, they wll stop calling back. Always give them
the non-emergency number of your local police department as abest time
to call number or work number and a poice department fax number if
asked for one.

Get creative! Have fun with them!