Posted to rec.woodworking
Fred the Red Shirt Fred the Red Shirt is offline

Default New scam, no politics--I promise

On Mar 1, 5:44 am, Charlie Self wrote:

I get that one on occasion, too.Recorded voice: "It is urgent that you
that you get in touch with us about your credit card. There is no
problem with the account, but get in touch soon." They have a hope.
The recording gets to "urgent" and I hang up. What's urgent to them is
nonsense to me. If they really need me, they can write a
letter...which was always my response to sales calls that got through
years ago--put it in writing.

Has it been Heather who has been calling lately?

I thought for a long time that those were from a
'credit counseling' company. But after a little g
oogling I found that they are a well-known identity
theft ring.

My problem with out of area call refusal is a simple one: I've got
friends all over the U.S. I also often get business calls on one of
the home phone lines, and they can be from almost anywhere.

I have one friend who uses a phone permanently set to "private
caller".

--

FF