Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Redelfs Jim Redelfs is offline

Default Safety of Nuke Power

In article
,
" wrote:

years ago duquesne light went into a power plant building boom, power
alley it was called. then 3 mile island occured, a partially built
nuke plant was abandoned, industry tanked in western pa, partially
built coal fired plants were abandoned too.......

Why? Because of the hysterical rants of a comparative handful of loud people
with willing accomplices in the media.

all this building but not completing power plants created stranded
costs that raised duquesne light rates, which discouraged new industry
from coming here.

Whose fault was it that the building was abandoned? They are the ones to
blame for the subsequent malaise you describe.

bring on the nuke plants, despite the industry the taxpayers will lean
on their congressional and state reps.........

I hope so. We could sure use the added capacity.

build the plants in china, they truly need more electric.

They'll build them - without ANY concern for their people or their safety.

here coal is a near forever supply.

OK. Now you're talking sense. But the Manmade Global Warming Hoax Believers
are hell bent on suppressing THAT particular fuel, too. It's *ALL* bad. We
can't win.

plus our economy is well on its way to tank.

Aw, turn off the television and look around. This is a Presidential Election
year. There hasn't been one where the economy has been good in my lifetime.
It's not all that GOOD right now, but it's no where NEAR "tanking".

we wouldnt need nor be able to afford a bunch of new nuke
plants no matter how safe they are..........

Wouldn't need or WON'T need?

Regardless, if we don't fully NEED the capacity right NOW, we will soon
enough. Given the time it takes to get ANY generation facility on-line, NOW
is the time to start.

Afford? Heck, yes. We might just have to back-off to the next, lower tier on
our NetFlix subscription. One less latte at Starbucks. One less hotel room
through PriceLine and perhaps one less Disney vacation.

All one has to do is look at what's being advertised on major media. If
someone wants to have a recession, they can just count me out.

i truly believe our economy is going to get very bad before it
improves at all

Obviously, I hope (and believe) you are wrong. The economy may slow a bit
more before November, but not by much. We'll get [whomever] inaugurated in
January and be well on our way to the next, hopeless disaster. Carry on.
--

JR