Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Redelfs Jim Redelfs is offline

Default Safety of Nuke Power

In article , wrote:

Back when Nuke power was first developed, there wre lots of glowing (pun
intended) articles in every major publication touting it as being able to
produce electricity "too cheap to meter". That was the standard company line.

It's true. I remember.

They've been lying about it's benefits ever since.

Name ONE lie. One. I won't even ask for a reference.

The [too cheap to meter] claim was NOT a lie. It might have happened had it
not been for the concerted efforts of a single-minded, anti-nuke campaign.

BTW - did you know that after Chernoble there was a large, highly radioactive
"cloud" that passed over parts of the United States?

Yeah, and it passed over numerous, other land masses before it got here.
Look, Ma! No fallout!

Apparently our government was more than a little concerned about it.

I disagree. The [no nukes] crowd was typically hysterical while those with
information and a capability for reasoned, rational thought were mostly
unconcerned.

Not much they could do, though except pray that weather conditions
cooperated to keep it up and moving so that it
eventually went elsewhere to precipatate it's load.

Agreed. Those prayers paid off and the irradiated cloud caused no trouble -
anywhere.

The biggest disaster was The Soviet Union's INTENTIONAL withholding of
information for DAYS following the accident. Countless thousands of humans
received the equivalent of an extra day in the sun unnecessarily.

Everything in moderation. It works EVERY time it's tried.
--

JR