Posted to rec.woodworking
Lobby Dosser Lobby Dosser is offline

Default New scam, no politics--I promise

Charlie Self wrote:

Hey, have you noticed a new kind of sales call, a scam about your
number having won whatever the hell--laptop, Rolex, in a sing-song
accent?

Six of 'em today. They're offshore, obviously with those accents, so
the "Do Not Call" list is a waste of energy. I'm screaming at them,
and swearing at them. I figure if enough of the assholes, male and
female, go home every day in tears, they might back off. Trouble is,
Frances is getting ****ed at me for swearing so much. She just hangs
up, but this nonsense seems to have started a couple months ago, and
is gaining intensity daily.

Next possiblity is telling them we've formed a new group to hunt down
everyone who ever made such a call and pierce their eardrums with a
hot ice pick. Then remind them, in the digital age, they are ALWAYS
connected and traceable.

There is the Ultimate Entertainment. One of our boys sent me an audio
copy which I am hunting for. Guy gets the sales call and asks how long
the caller has known Mr. Bumstead and why are they calling. Then goes
into a Sgt. Friday at the scene of Mr. Bumsteads Murder routine, where
the corpse is currently being examined and when was the last time the
sales guy saw him. Turns out the sales guy is in Denver and never met
him, but can he Prove it. Goes on for about ten minutes with the sales
guy's voice cracking and Sgt. Friday telling him not to leave town. It is
an absolute Howl!!