Posted to rec.woodworking

Default New scam, no politics--I promise

Charlie Self wrote:

Hey, have you noticed a new kind of sales call, a scam about your
number having won whatever the hell--laptop, Rolex, in a sing-song
accent?

Haven't got that one that I know of (we don't pick up on "out of area"
or "number unavailable" calls). Did get a new one (to us) from Bank of
America last night. Caller ID said Bank of America, and since we have an
account there decided to pick up. Was told this was a courtesy call, they
had our credit card ready and wanted to confirm some information. Now,
since I have a Bank of America MasterCard (was originally MBNA before they
got bought out) and it expires in May, thought this was legit to just
confirm information on the new card. Then after confirming address and zip
code, she makes the comment, my new card will be sent with a credit limit
of (really small amount compared to existing card). I asked if this was a
new card and new account, after she affirmed that it was, I called a halt
and told them not to send.

"Courtesy call" my Aunt Sadie.