Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Forklift battery info

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 19:31:33 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm,
"Roger Shoaf" quickly quoth:

"nick hull" wrote in message
.. .

There is always hydrogen fuel cells. A city in CA has been running a
fleet of them and averaging over $50/mile.

That ain't cheap! I thought you were mistaken, but see you're not:
http://www.autoobserver.com/2008/02/...en-fuel-c.html

$50 a mile? If an 80,000 lb. semi can travel 7 miles on diesel at $4 a
gallon that be about 57¢ a mile.

Hydrogen might be a great fuel, but how much would it cost to build hydrogen
filling stations all across the country, and unless we build a whole lot of
nuclear power plants, where are we going to get the power to make all of the
hydrogen?

We need the nuke power to replace that extremely dirty coal we're now
burning.

--
An idealist believes the short run doesn't count. A cynic believes
the long run doesn't matter. A realist believes that what is done