Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Drain plug removal + metal content!

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 15:31:06 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,
clare at snyder.on.ca quickly quoth:

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 06:23:31 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Que es este "Poncho", gringo? Early Chebbies had long shanks which
weren't magnetic. (My first job, fresh out of tech school, was at a
Chebby dealership. Starting with the "replace all motor mounts, adding
holddown cables 'cuz they break" campaign, I learned real quickly what
brand of auto -not- to buy. Dad was a Ford man and I saw why.)

Canadian Ponchos had the same problem. You must be about my age,
because I installed a lot of those check cables in my early years
too!!!

I'm of 1953 vintage. You? I still don't find anything but messicans
and rain gear when I google "poncho". Got a link?

I was a "mopar man" in those years.

Condolences.

Since then I've shifted to Toyota, then I owned 4 fords and a Poncho,
with a few quasi-mopars fitted in between (they had Mitsu-****ty
engines in them)

I'm becoming a Toyota man, too. I love this Tundra. With 1040 miles,
it's still only getting 14.3mpg. sigh I trust it'll do better on the
way to NorCal this summer. The 14.3 is all town driving with the
smaller V-8, the 4.7L.

Currently intermittently fixing/driving a 1994 Pontiac Trans Sport 3.8
and a 1996 Mystique 2.5. ANd fixing the daughter's '98 Neon.

GM? Feh! Take a peek at the last few decades of GMs in the Consumer
Reports. Hondas and Toyotas are all top notch, while GMs are in the
bottom of the league -every- year. Ford, Lexus, and Mercenary Bends
aren't bad.

Between them I have not been suffering any withdrawal pains from
leavoing the automotive repair business almost 19 years ago.

I had fun in the '90 F-150 until last December. I retired from the
automotive repair business in late '85 with an upper back injury.

Hey, I actually got some metalworking done today. I have to get that
damned mill out of the Ford so I'm building a stand for it. (Yes,
Gunner, it's the li'l horizontal I put there from your house a year
and a half ago. That tarp was just about gone but still waterproof.)
big sigh I had a chance to finally test the welds on the HF crane
and they held for the 400+ pounds of the little mill. Bueno.

Anywho, before the incoming storm got blowing so bad I couldn't weld,
I got the top cut, welded together, and drilled for the mill base. I'm
using some beefy 2x1/4" angle. I forgot to buy the 1" angle for the
leg stabilizers, darnit. Maybe Monday.

--
An idealist believes the short run doesn't count. A cynic believes
the long run doesn't matter. A realist believes that what is done