Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Safety of Nuke Power

In article , dpb wrote:

stranded costs came from over building for steel and other industry
that just went out of business........

It could hardly have been called over-building since they were there at
the time. There's little if any generation capacity that has come
online in that area in well over 20 years that I'm aware of (although I
didn't do a check of the Directory of Power Producers, I can do so if
you'd like to disagree).

Kinda sorta. Nothing in the way of main plants. There, instead, have
been a number of smaller peaking plants because they are much easier to
get approved. That is causing problems because the main plant are
getting older and the peaking plants are not as efficient.