Posted to alt.home.repair
Tube Audio Tube Audio is offline

Default Brass Hose Bid to Copper?

So the piece of pipe at the hose bib in my garden gave way. I had to shut
off the water main.

There is a threaded female copper? Stub sticking out of the stucco. Then
what screwed into this was about a 3-4 inch piece of male threaded pipe, and
then a female hose bid was on the end.

The piece of male thread that threaded into the end at the stucco was all
rusty and broke apart and water was everywhere.

So I bought a new brass male hose bib and screwed it into the copper?
fitting. Not using a 3-4 " extension piece.

I did this 2 weeks ago, and after thinking about this, this is not good. I
need to use a different piece of metal in-between right?

Questions:

Since it was just two weeks ago, will I have any problem getting the brass
bib unscrewed from the copper?

What type of metal pipe do I use as an interface?

Can I just go to Osh or depot and get a piece that already has threads on
both ends?