Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fill crawl space with foam?

"Robert Allison" wrote in message
news:8m_xj.868$e_.598@trnddc03...
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
wrote in message
On Feb 28, 4:37 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

There's only about 18-24" from the beams down to the dirt. That would
mean
hugging the fiberglass the whole time. No thanks. I'd rather do it from
above.

So instead of putting up with a cramped space for 30 minutes or so,
you'd rather tear the entire subfloor out, which presumably doesn't
need replacing? You do realize the price of lumber these days, right?

Heck you don't even need to go in there if you've got the right kind
of "poker stick" to maneuver the batts into place on the floor. I
insulated most of my attic from the catwalk using a garden rake to
slide the batts into place.

It's not the cramped space that bothers me. It's getting way too intimate
with fiberglass bats, no matter much protective clothing I'm wearing. Is
this the reason you used a rake to push your insulation into place?

Perhaps you should go with encapsulated insulation. The only thing you
will touch is plastic, unless you cut it.

http://www.specjm.com/residential/in...capsulated.asp

It's not gonna happen. No matter what type I use, it would still involve
removing cinder blocks. No way in hell I'm doing that.