Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.engineering.electrical,alt.home.repair
rpseguin rpseguin is offline

Default Rotary phase converter: local ground or all the way to the panel?

On Feb 29, 2:52 am, Stuart wrote:
In article TNJxj.9292$Dz4.6687@trnddc01,
Gary H. Lucas wrote:

Aluminum got a bad name because they tried to use it in small sizes in
residential, with the wrong devices, along with labor that was clueless
about proper techniques. We made a lot of money fixing jobs done wrong
in aluminum, and I have never seen a properly done aluminum job fail.

I seem to remember using some sort of yellow paste where it was joined to
other metals to prevent corrosion - Unial?

As for my sub-panel and 3 phase panel things, I've just ordered a 500'
spool of #1 aluminum wire. It is _WAY_ less expensive than copper. I
will be certain to read up and make certain that I bond everything
correctly, use anti-corrosion goo and make certain all connections
are torqued down properly. The RPC and all of the machine loads will
be made using some copper THHN that I already have.

I've acquired a Cutler Hammer 3BR1224L125 125 amp 3 phase circuit
breaker load center panel and now I need to find some CH BR3xx plug/
stab-in breakers. 3 pole breakers are pricey new!
Anybody have some Cutler Hammer compatible breakers like these:
BR360
BR350
BR340
BR330