Posted to rec.woodworking
skeez skeez is offline

Default New scam, no politics--I promise

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 16:07:51 -0800 (PST), Charlie Self
wrote:

Hey, have you noticed a new kind of sales call, a scam about your
number having won whatever the hell--laptop, Rolex, in a sing-song
accent?

Six of 'em today. They're offshore, obviously with those accents, so
the "Do Not Call" list is a waste of energy. I'm screaming at them,
and swearing at them. I figure if enough of the assholes, male and
female, go home every day in tears, they might back off. Trouble is,
Frances is getting ****ed at me for swearing so much. She just hangs
up, but this nonsense seems to have started a couple months ago, and
is gaining intensity daily.

Next possiblity is telling them we've formed a new group to hunt down
everyone who ever made such a call and pierce their eardrums with a
hot ice pick. Then remind them, in the digital age, they are ALWAYS
connected and traceable.

Just ask em for a credit card number so you can bill them 3.99 per
minute for the use of your phone. it shuts em up just long enough to
hang up on em. caller ID helps. if I dont recognize the number I
usually dont answer.

skeez