Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default One more law

"Robin S." wrote:

On Feb 29, 10:01 am, Mark Rand wrote:

One of the things I really liked when driving in Germany was that,

The Germans see deeply into the art of driving and road ways.

Obviously the autobahn is number one.

However, what really amazed me about driving in Germany (and France)
is that the speed limits are actually *reasonable*, people *obey* them
far more often, and the law *enforces* the laws more often than they
do here.

I take it you haven't driven in Texas. Speed limits here are generally
reasonable (70-80 on the real highways, 55 on the service roads),
drivers don't generally speed and they are also far more polite than
many other states. I noticed this when I moved here, but my friends back
in the northeast didn't believe me. Someone from the northeast was down
here and made the same comment about drivers here, so I know I'm not
just imagining it.