Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default One more law

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 16:20:06 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Tom
Gardner" quickly quoth:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 21:57:16 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm,
"SteveB" meagain@rockvilleUSA quickly quoth:

In Utah, today, a new law is closer to reality. If you have more than 5
vehicles behind you, you must pull out at the first safe place and let them
pass, EVEN IF ALL OF YOU ARE EXCEEDING THE SPEED LIMIT. I foresee lawsuits
on this one. Massive pileups with "people driving under permission from the
State of Utah to exceed the speed limit." It's only logical.

That's true in California, too. And that's a sane law. They know how
frustrated people get behind slower vehicles and how many stupid
things (passing on shoulder, passing on blind curves) people will try
to get past the slow drivers. It's the latter which makes the law
sane. Besides, it's polite to get your slug ass out of our way. g

So many drivers, so few bullets...

But a properly aimed vaporizing laser at tire level could...

--
An idealist believes the short run doesn't count. A cynic believes
the long run doesn't matter. A realist believes that what is done