Wild Bill

Default Using microwave xmfr for resistance soldering?

I mention this to include it in this thread, for anyone that's not familiar
with this type of AC circuit wiring.
I'm supposing that you've got enough knowledge and experience in setting up
this project to know that the transformer windings need to be wired to
accomplish the correct phasing to have the circuit perform properly.
This same method is required for xfmrs that have multiple windings.. dual
secondaries for example, where the two windings could be connected either in
series, parallel, or used separately (depending upon the application).

It'd be a problem if the primaries aren't phased, and worser if the
secondaries aren't.

WB

"Eric R Snow" wrote in message
Greetings Don,
I am using the experience of others to get to the starting point. I
will be using three xmfrs in parallel. Because I have them and because
I don't think two will be enough. I may end up buying a spotwelder on
ebay too. The heat must come from the resistance of the brass.
Hopefully, right at the joint will be hottest. The best part about
this project is expanding my knowledge. Getting the job done is
important but learning how and applying it to other situations is the
ultimate goal.
Cheers,
Eric