Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default One more law

Tom Gardner wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 21:57:16 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm,
"SteveB" meagain@rockvilleUSA quickly quoth:

In Utah, today, a new law is closer to reality. If you have more than 5
vehicles behind you, you must pull out at the first safe place and let them
pass, EVEN IF ALL OF YOU ARE EXCEEDING THE SPEED LIMIT. I foresee lawsuits
on this one. Massive pileups with "people driving under permission from the
State of Utah to exceed the speed limit." It's only logical.

That's true in California, too. And that's a sane law. They know how
frustrated people get behind slower vehicles and how many stupid
things (passing on shoulder, passing on blind curves) people will try
to get past the slow drivers. It's the latter which makes the law
sane. Besides, it's polite to get your slug ass out of our way. g

So many drivers, so few bullets...

Tom, why don't you make huge wire brushes, like the soft ones used in
a car wash? Than a robotic arm to fold it out and take all the paint
off as you pass. If the wires are sharp enough, they won't be able to
see through the windows, and problem solved! Over time, it would be
cheaper than bullets, and can be automated. Don't forget to add a
"Dukes of Hazard" horn! ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell