Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
clare at snyder.on.ca clare at snyder.on.ca is offline

Default Drain plug removal

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 06:23:31 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 23:56:55 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,
clare at snyder.on.ca quickly quoth:

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 22:03:43 -0600, "David Courtney"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 01:58:26 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ivan

Suggestion: install a magnetic drain plug in its place once it's out.

It being a Chebby... the stock plug is magnetic.. ;-}

The one on my Poncho isn't. It's long and looks like it should be
magnetic, but if it is it's not strong enough to pick up iron filings

Que es este "Poncho", gringo? Early Chebbies had long shanks which
weren't magnetic. (My first job, fresh out of tech school, was at a
Chebby dealership. Starting with the "replace all motor mounts, adding
holddown cables 'cuz they break" campaign, I learned real quickly what
brand of auto -not- to buy. Dad was a Ford man and I saw why.)

Canadian Ponchos had the same problem. You must be about my age,
because I installed a lot of those check cables in my early years
too!!!
I was a "mopar man" in those years.
Since then I've shifted to Toyota, then I owned 4 fords and a Poncho,
with a few quasi-mopars fitted in between (they had Mitsu-****ty
engines in them)
Currently intermittently fixing/driving a 1994 Pontiac Trans Sport 3.8
and a 1996 Mystique 2.5. ANd fixing the daughter's '98 Neon.

Between them I have not been suffering any withdrawal pains from
leavoing the automotive repair business almost 19 years ago.