Posted to alt.home.repair

Default When a gallon is not a gallon

wrote in message
On Feb 29, 9:20 am, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
OK. Pick a different product and proceed with the same question. How would
you inform customers of the size change?

Oh, but they wouldn't reduce the size of their containers. They've
said that. They'd raise the prices.

It seems like only about three people in this thread understand the
reality of the situation: People as a general rule shop for cheapest
price, period. They buy the cheapest "gallon" of paint they can find,
because it's cheaper, plain and simple.

It's only later on when, "Hey this isn't a gallon! It's 3-3/4 quarts!
I've been ripped off!" No, you're not being ripped off, you're an
idiot for not doing your homework!

It would be interesting to know what those three people do for a living. I
always ask, because I suspect their work is completely disconnected from the
financial issues of their employers.