Posted to alt.home.repair
jJim McLaughlin jJim McLaughlin is offline

Default 120volt thermostat

topswage wrote:
My home is heated with a gas fired hot water boiler. The system is
presently controlled with a 1950's style bimetal thermostat. I'd love to
replace the thermostat with an electronic set-back unit, but have
discovered that the thermostat is directly controlling the hot water
circulating pump--there's 120volt current running through the
thermostat, enough to fry most electronic ones. I see though that there
are electronic thermostats designed to control electric baseboard
heaters, and will control 120 volt circuits--can I use such a thermostat
to control my circulating pump?

What did Honeywell recommend when you E ailed their support function?

Oh, you didn't bother to do that?

What was the result of your Google search?

Oh, you didn't bother to do that?

Why do you think several thousand amateurs on here in an anonymous
Usenet
newsgroup have an answer to your esoteric problem?

Please make an effort to do your own basic research.