Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207 BobK207 is offline

Default Pool Cover?

On Feb 29, 6:09 am, wrote:
I know it is hard to see from the pic... If you look over toward the
pool stairs, you can see that there are 2 stairs on the wood decking
there.

As far as it being a PIA to setup and store... I have the room to
store it if I did some sort of remoable deck so long as the sections
were less than say... 4 feet. Each section would be heavy and a pain
to put of and take off, but I would only be doing this once a year
with lots of help.

Thanks for the resonses though. I will keep plugging away for ideas.

Frank-

A couple more photos from the shallow end of the pool & from the far
side of the yard would help flesh out the geometry you have.

from your OP.....

A. I am worried about the weight of the entire thing when on the pool and

I didn't understand your issue.... Are you concerned whether the pool
structure can take the load of the cover?

If you've got a place to store the "cover sections" and help with the
removal then cover sections made from joists & plywood sound like the
way to go. Four foot sections would minimize the number of joist,
over 24", 30" or 32" sections but the 48" sections would be rather
heavy.

The stored sections will stack pretty high as well.

You've have to check but depending on the design load you could get
away with a 2x10 maybe even a 2x8.... I'd skin the bottom side to
increase stiffness and make handing easier. Because of the pool
moisture & weather exposure I'd suggest pre-painting all surface
before construction.

I'm guessing your pool is ~15 x 30? Not an insignificant project but
doable with skills & help.

cheers
Bob