Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default When a gallon is not a gallon

clipped

Exactly. Not only that, but you (and some supermarkets) have some of the
most advanced data processing methods available, and you know for a fact
that you move a LOT less ice cream when the price approaches $4.00 per half
gallon (old size). So, you have a choice: Leave things as they are, raise
prices, or shrink the package.

I was an occasional Walmart shopper back in the early days. It was
tough to compare prices because
it seemed that stuff at Walmart was packaged differently that the same
brands in other stores - stuff
like detergent, shampoo, etc. I didn't shop Walmart often enough to
become familiar with pricing,
and I think I quit while they were still on their "Made in America"
line. In one town I lived for a few years,
Walmart escorted out of the store some shoppers who had been writing
down prices so's they could
compare. That was when I quit Walmart. One of my last purchases at
Walmart was a gallon of paint
remover, because other stores were out of stock, at $7 more than the
same size, same brank I had
purchased locally a couple of weeks before.